RoHS, a directive by the European Union which restricts the hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic equipment, has undergone a few changes and updates.
Now designated RoHS 2, the new revisions include 3 new product categories:
- Medical devices.
- In vitro diagnostics medical devices.
- Control and monitoring instruments.
Also, products will be required to meet the new RoHS 2 directive in order to receive the CE marking. No changes have been made to the restricted chemical list to date.
The RoHS 2 directive went into effect on January 2nd, 2013, however there are different effective dates for each new product category:
1. Medical Devices and Non-Industrial Control and Monitoring Instruments
Effective date: July 22nd, 2014
2. In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices
Effective date: July 22nd, 2016
3. Industrial Control and Monitoring Devices
Effective date: July 22nd, 2017
APX is pleased to inform you that all of our products conform to the RoHS 2011/65/EU Directive (RoHS 2).